The Falls Baptist Music School offers summer training through several exciting venues. Please take time to read the information below and register online. Registrations are due by May 16.
PLEASE NOTE: There is a $10 summer registration fee per child. This fee is waived if a student is registered by April 25.
- Music for Babes: A fun and interactive class for mothers and babies featuring fundamentals of movement in the context of music. Mothers will enjoy this special time to bond with their child.
- Ages: 0-2 years of age
- Time: Tuesdays, 11:15 a.m.
- Length: 45 minutes
- Weeks: Begins June 13 and continues through August 22 (no class on July 4 or 18)
- Fee: $15.00 materials fee
Register soon to hold place! Maximum size of class is 10 children.
- Music for Tots: An exciting and fun-filled class for little children to appreciate music and to learn the fundamentals of music. We will begin an extra class (different time) if needed.
- Ages: 2-5 years
- Time: Tuesdays, 10:30-11:00
- Length: 30 minutes
- Weeks: Every week from May 27 through August 22 (no class on July 4 or 18)
- Fee: Free; but mothers must attend the Face to Face Ladies' Bible Study (9-11 a.m.; child care is provided the entire time)
No registration necessary.
- Violin for Tots: A four semester program designed to teach toddlers the basic skills of violin playing in a fun and interactive environment. A few semesters or the entire four semester program is advisable prior to formal violin instruction. Please note that there are workshop/camp options for this level (see below)!
- Ages: 2-4 years
- Time: Tuesday morning (see below)
- Fee: $40 (plus a materials fee for first time students--includes a book and a foam-a-lin; a real violin is needed for the 4th semester)
- June 13, 20, 27
- July 11, 25
- Aug 1, 8, 15, 22
- Final Concert: Saturday, August 28th (early afternoon)
- Class Offerings: There are four semesters offered: Semester 1 (brand new students, must be at least 2 years of age; 4 years of age should participate in violin lessons and a specialized beginner group)—Tuesday, 10:30-11:00 a.m. | Semester 2 (already taken one semester of Violin for Tots)—Tuesday, 11:15-11:45 a.m. | Semester 3 (already taken two semesters of Violin for Tots)—Tuesday, 9:00-9:30 a.m. | Semester 4 (already taken three semesters of Violin for Tots)—Tuesday, 11:15-11:45 a.m. or 9:00 -9:45 a.m. (will depend on the class—you will be notified)
*Note: Some weeks (closer to concert), students will be asked to participate with all string students from 11-11:15 a.m. Parents are required to be at all tots classes (they will be participating directly with the child in Levels 1-3).
Interested in Beginner violin lessons?
- Violin Students (age 3 to 3 1/2) must complete at least one semester of Violin for Tots before beginning private lessons.
- We will accept violin students without prior training at age 4
- We will accept piano and cello students around age 7 (please call for an appointment if you are interested in a younger child beginning)
- We will accept woodwind and brass students at 5th grade and above.
PRIVATE AND GROUP LESSONS
Private Lessons: Must register for a minimum of 3 lessons; maximum of 7 lessons*. All private lessons include a weekly group lesson. All private lessons are in hour-long blocks; students will receive instruction for the amount of time they are registered for. Students may attend group lessons any of the weeks listed below the group lesson section.
*7 weeks-discounted price; must be committed to all weeks (except in case of sickness)
- Lesson Weeks:
- July 3 (make up lessons), 10, 24, 31
- Aug 14
- Fee for lessons (includes a maximum of 7 group lessons)
- Lesson Block Availability: Please do your best to sign up by these times. In order to respect family schedules (multiple children and children with multiple instruments), we have done our best to create opposite levels at simultaneous times. Please contact the music school office if you need to discuss a time that is labeled differently.
12-1 Elementary or Intermediate Level Strings (Heritage Center)
1-2 Early Advanced or Advanced Level Strings (Heritage Center)
Please note that Bible Quiz is in session from 9:00-11:00 a.m.
8-9 Beginner Level Strings (Church building)
9-10 Beginner Level Strings; Advanced Piano (Church building)
10-11 Beginner Level Strings; Beginner Piano (Church building) FULL*
11-12 Piano only (no string players) (Church Building)
12:30-1:30 Elementary or Intermediate Strings (no piano players)(Heritage Center) FULL*
1:30-2:30 Advanced Strings (Heritage Center); Elementary or Intermediate Piano (Church building)
2:30-3:30 Intermediate Strings (Heritage Center); Advanced Piano (Church building) PIANO BLOCK FULL*
4:00-5:00 Advanced Strings (Heritage Center); Intermediate Piano (Church building)
12-1 Elementary or Intermediate Level Strings (Heritage Center); Early Advanced or Advanced piano (Church building)
1-2 Early Advanced or Advanced Level Strings (Heritage Center); Intermediate Piano (Church building)
2-3 Any level of string players (Heritage Center)
- *If you request a block that is already full, you will be put on a waiting list.
Strings: Children 6 years old and down
Piano: Brand new beginners for piano
Strings: Late Pre-school; Going into grades 1st-4th(beginners can be in this category)
Piano: Going into grades 2-4 (beginners can be in this block as well)
Strings and Piano: Going into grades 5th-6th (7th-8th)
Early Advanced Level
Strings and Piano: Going into grades 7th-8th (and 9th)
Strings and Piano: Going into grades 9th-college freshmen
- Students will be given exciting challenge goals each week
- A recital may be set up for well-prepared students
- All students will perform at the first two master classes in the Fall semester.
Group Lessons: There will be weekly group lessons from June 13-August 23 (except for a holiday and Vacation Bible School week). Students are encouraged to attend all group lessons when they are in town, even if they are not registered for private lessons every week.
- String group lessons**: Tuesdays: 11:00 a.m.-noon
- Piano group lessons**: Tuesdays: 12:15-1:00 p.m.
- Wind and Brass group lessons—Time TBD (based on registrants)
- June 13/14, 20/21, 27/28
- July 4 (no)/5 (yes), 11/12, 25/26
- Aug 8 (yes)/9 (no), 15/16, 22/23
- Concert: Saturday, August 26th (early afternoon)
- Fee: included in private lesson package
**Advanced String and Piano group lessons: Wednesday late afternoon (will coordinate with teen outreach and dinner)
Falls Baptist Church families New Song families
Music Foundations Workshop: A fun start to the summer! This motivating week with its fun theme and exciting concert will kick off your child's summer to a great start!
- Violin for Tots Track
- Dates: May 30-June 1
- Time: Tuesday-Thursday 9-11 a.m.
- Age: 2-4 years of age
- Fee: $45.00
- String or Piano Students Track
- Dates: May 30-June 1
- Time: Tuesday-Thursday 9 a.m. - noon
- Age: 4 years old (3 ½ if already completed Violin for Tots) through 4th grade
- Fee: $45.00
- Concert: 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, June 1 (Music Hall); Potluck lunch to follow
Note: Students MAY begin an instrument during this camp (see notes under private lesson registration). If your child plays two instruments, please indicate your interest for a secondary piano track (this would occur Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons for an additional fee).
Youth Development Music Festival: An exciting and intense music camp for serious middle through high school students! The festival features private lessons, private practice, chamber music, and exciting concerts and opportunities.
This year's focus: technique through solos and chamber groups
- Date: June 5-10th
- Instruments: Strings, Winds, Brass
- Ages: 5th grade and up
- Time: 9:00 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Mon-Friday
- Concert: Saturday morning
- Fee: $180.00 (full time student--includes meals)
- Open to: New Song, Falls Baptist Pre-College, incoming BCM freshmen, or siblings of BCM students (with special permission)
- Housing needed: $100.00 additional fee
- Students who participate in June camps or workshop attend this Workshop for free! (with the exception of food expenses)
- August 7-11 (students ages 2 and up)--great camp opportunity for students with school conflicts in June!
- Junior and Senior divisions